The Orlando Senior Health Network would like to congratulate all of our employees that participated in our Biggest Loser contest! This program lasts 3 months and challenges participants to change bad health habits into good ones, eat healthy, get more physically active and lose weight. Employees weigh-in mid-February and weigh-out at the end of May.
They have an opportunity to attend a nutritional seminar and educational material is always available through handouts, flyers, emails or directly from our Wellness Director. Then they have several exercise classes they can attend or just work out on their own. For example: morning walks, strength and conditioning classes, Boxing and cardio, Zumba, or use the Fitness Center equipment. Besides the wonderful health benefit, they also have a monetary incentive: 1st place gets $200+1hr massage, 2nd place gets $100 +1/2hr massage, 3rd place gets $50 +1/2hr massage, and 4th & 5th place gets $25.
Congratulations to our Winners:
- 1st Place – Pamela Fry (-10.5% of body weight) Dept. CNA – ALF
- 2nd Place – Marcella Clovis (-8.45% of BW) Dept. House Keeping
- 3rd Place – Vickie Lyons (-7.68% of BW) Dept. Commons hair salon
- 4th Place – Wanda White (-7.60% of BW) Dept. House Keeping
- 5th Place – Ruel Grant (-5.73% of BW) Dept. Kitchen